Monday, March 23, 2009

Opening

Well…this is it…I've been sucked in to the world of the weblogs. I'm not quite sure how this will work as I'm willing to bet there's going to be a learning curve. I actually will have two blogs: this one, which will be primarily Disney- and Friend-related, and another one, which I'm hoping will be a little more serious, where I'll discuss economic/political/boring stuff.


I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the layout of blogs in that the new posts are posted above the old posts, considering I'm going to be posting trip reports on here, WHICH COMPLETELY MESSES UP THE WAY I WANT THEM TO LOOK (newer follows the older). I'll include Disney World updates as I get them from sources to help those planning. Granted, it took a little work, but I loved going out into cyberspace to find out the information to pass along to everyone. Also, I will be providing family updates for everyone. Hopefully, this will be, for the most part, a fairly humorous place to continue to discuss something that brought a lot of us together – the understanding that the Walt Disney World resort is much more than simply a place to ride rides and escape the cold. Whether that feeling has diminished or is going stronger than ever, many of you that (hopefully) will follow this understand what that means. I still catch myself looking at a drawing we received from a friend a couple of years ago that's mounted in our hallways (the drawing's mounted on the wall…not the friend) and remembering the story behind it.


Regarding the trip reports…putting them over here gives me a place to archive them as well as a place for more than just a private group to read them. Some of you may have read them when they were posted on Lodgeboards. For many others, however, it may provide a little insight as to why our family has visited WDW so often (and we don't go nearly as often as I'd like to). I will let friends and family members in on a little secret now, however…you have to PLAN a trip more than a couple weeks to have a chance at really enjoying your first experience there. Sheri and I have helped several of our friends plan for these trips, and, while they laugh at how much material we look through and how many questions we ask them, most of the time they realize that, without it, a lot of time is wasted and experiences missed. One other secret that you will find as you read through the blog… as much fun as it is going to the parks, sharing the experience with friends down there increases the memories exponentially!


While I still expect that many of us are and will still remain in close contact, I will also give updates to how the Mushfam is doing. With two boys that grow like weeds, I doubt I'll be able to keep caught up as they have new experiences every day, but it will be fun trying!









Let the madness begin!